Monday, May 24, 2010

Funky & Feisty and loved again...




So Lauren and I had our first 'joint craft gig' this past Saturday at the Farmer's Market in Bloomington, IL. We were prepared thanks to help from the book 'Crafty Superstar' http://www.gracedobush.com/craftysuperstar/ . I was nervous as heck the night before. I want our joint little business venture to be successful. I want people to like the stuff I make as much as I like to make it. I have been having so much fun these last couple of weeks making things in a room with Lauren while the kids played and fought in the other. I want an excuse to keep it up!
I got up at 5am the morning of and got ready. I packed the kids in the car still in their jammies to take them to Lauren's house. We had gotten a sitter for the day. Heck, if nothing else, we had a day together without the little ones. That may be worth the effort on it's own. We packed up the mini-van and headed out.
A nice man pointed us in the direction we needed to go. Of course the way was blocked by the tent of a very grumpy lady who seemed to think we were putting her out by trying to squeeze by. I know... I'll let it go. We found our number, #52, on the sidewalk and set up camp. At first it looked like we might be out of our league... everyone had canopies, we did not. We weren't ready for that investment yet. Once everything got put in it's place I think we looked like we knew what we were doing. It's nice to be able to fool people every once in a while.
The bell rang and people were shopping. Lauren sold two dresses right off the bat. I will have to get some pics so that you can see why! Of course you can go to her etsy shop at http://www.lmlowel.etsy.com and see for yourself.
The day was great. We sold stuff... Lauren was the big winner in that department... talked to a lot of people and had a great time.
All of my anxiety seemed to melt away after my first sale. I made enough to break even which is better than losing money. We got about 30 names on our mailing list and we had people asking about special orders and wondering when we would be back again... If you're wondering we'll be there every other Saturday!
You can check out my artfire site at
http://FunkyFeisty.artfire.com
If you are on Face Book check out our fan site at http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/pages/Funky-Feisty-and-loved-again/124439284250355?ref=ts



2 comments:

Christina said...

Awesome! So glad you guys did well and even happier that you had fun doing it. Your setup looks AWESOME, so much fun stuff there! Wishing you lots of success this summer.

The Holleys said...

I'm so proud of you! It must feel good to see your hard work being appreciated. I hope that you continue to do well while you are there!!!