Monday, May 3, 2010

I Really Like Hockey But...

I like hockey. Especially live games. I'm the person rooting for a fight. I think it's fun. It's not my usual M.O. As a rule I don't like my kids playing violent games or pretending to shoot each other. I don't like boxing, AT ALL, but a good hockey brawl can bring me to my feet.
Now watching it on TV at home is another story. It's OK but I prefer to be there. I sorta start to dread Stanley Cup Playoffs. I always know what we'll ne watching and it ain't GLEE.
We're Red Wings fans. We had a car when we lived in Cleveland that only received AM stations and one of those was from Detroit. My husband is a much bigger fan than I am. If the Wings get to the play offs I'm happy for them. It's fun to see how they do. I just can't sit there and yell at the screen or anything. The husband can. He doesn't yell through the whole thing so when he let's out with a shout, be it positive or negative, it's sort of startling. If they win, I'm happy. If they lose I'm much more of a pouty lip, feel sorry for the team sort of loser. I don't 'get' getting all upset and letting it ruin my day. How does it truly effect me one way or the other?
I don't bet (unless I'm in Vegas or Tunica). I'm not related to any one on the team. Heck, I'm not even from Detroit.
I dunno. Maybe I'm not a 'true' fan. It should be over soon... Of course The Tour de France is on it's way and I am married to a cyclist but that's a blog for another day...

No comments: