Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Living With a Princess

So Claudia is creeping up on three. She tells me often that she is a princess. Her favorite color is pink. For the most part she's a good kid. She's funny. She's cute. She's creative. She's sneaky. She's way too smart for her own good. I know everybody thinks their kids are smart but I'm not talking about book smart I'm talking about 'Evil Genius' smart. She can lie without blinking an eye. She'll blame things on her big brother and, unless I've seen what's happened, I can never be sure. Clyde... Terrible liar. He smirks. He looks away. He almost always stammer as he begins a story about how his sister was being goofy and just happened to bump her head on the toy in his hand. The worst part is that my daughter has no fear of me. NONE. I yell. She laughs. I put her in time-out. She laughs and crawls away over and over again. I don't normally spank but when I do I want a reaction. Clyde would bawl if you tapped him ever so slightly on the leg. Claudia finds it humorous. I try to stay firm. I try to be strong. I try to look her in the face and tell her no but when I do I often get a face like this...
What's a mom to do?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh mama. she is like my addie...what IS a mom to do??

Rowena said...

that is one tough kid. Is there such a thing as a evil genius princess? If there isn't, there should be, and someone should make a movie about her.