Monday, February 22, 2010

A Visit to the Doctor

Going to the doctor is not something that usually bothers me. After a couple of kids it just starts to feel like home. This visit, however, was different. I was nervous and miserable. I was depressed and scared. I was CONVINCED that this was the visit where I had gone all to hell in a hand basket. I turn 40 in a couple of months. I didn't think it was going to bother me but apparently it's got me thinkin'.
I was certain that my blood pressure would be sky high. I HATE the blood pressure cuff with a passion ever since I was pregnant with my second kid and had to go visit the 'special doctor for women who are both OLD and pregnant'. I like to refer to him as Doctor DOOM. My blood pressure was ALWAYS high when I'd go to see him and then fine at my regular OB. Anywho, I digress. I hate the cuff and was pretty convinced that that alone was going to send my BP through the roof. The nurse laughed when she told me what it was and, in a panic, I asked 'Is that high'. She reassured me that it was normal.
Everything went fine with the doctor as well. I didn't get any 'Now that you're getting older...' speeches. I did have to get my cholesterol checked but I'll have to wait on that result. I'm just glad it's over for another year. I suppose that next year I have the mammogram to look forward to. yay.

1 comment:

Christina said...

so you got yourself all worked up over nothing! Well yay, that's a good thing. ;o)