Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hey Crafty Tuesday... It's been a while

One of the things that is keeping me from posting is crafting. YAY! I have filled a couple special orders and am working on another. I'm also trying to build backstock for an up coming craft fair at Martin High School here in Arlington, TX in October. I am so excited to be making some extra money selling my stuff.
I recently received an order from a lady whose daughter received one of my boxes as a gift. It was so exciting to find that she liked what I did so much that she wanted to order more for some one else. I fell like Sally Field: "You like me, you really like me!"
Now all I have to do is get some pictures taken and get some stuff on Etsy and hope that works out for me. I have been doing Artfire but I really want to try to join up with the local etsy group. I am trying to be all about creating and networking right now. With the future of the book business heading digital I may need something to fall back on. My looks can only carry me for so long!

Here are a couple of special order frames I've done recently:


This is a frame a friend ordered for her adult daughter who is being given a cello and lessons for her birthday. I was really happy with this frame and I am making more along the same lines.


This frame is for a friend who has a cyclist boyfriend. I really like working with the bike parts but am running low. I have an idea for some other cycling frames. My husband is also a cyclist so there are often pieces parts floating around.

What have YOU been working on?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What wonderful frames! They are really cool. Stopping from SITS!