Sunday, January 17, 2010

A new year

It's a new year and I am vowing a new blog. I've spent a lot of time trying to find a way to make my blog 'cool'. I wanted a huge following, right away. It didn't happen. I know that people looked at it but only a few have chosen to follow or even comment. I wanted to be able to create art and photos that everyone HAD to see. I started trying to hard. I'm gonna stop worrying about all that. I am going to blog for me!
Some days you may see a 'crafty' post or a post about my family, my joys, my frustrations (is that redundant?). You may even see contests or links to other blogs that I like. There may be photos. Who knows what I'll discover about myself.
I'm taking my new blogging cues from "Wreck This Journal' by Kerri Smith. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Wreck-This-Journal/Keri-Smith/e/9780399533464/?itm=1&usri=Wreck+this+journal I got it from my mom and dad for Christmas and am having so much fun trying to break out of the confines I've placed on myself. I hope you'll join me but if not that's OK too.

2 comments:

Suzanne Varney said...

I'm looking forward to this years blogs! Your daily adventures with the Clyde and Claudia remind me that my 'adventures' with my own family are perfectly normal :-)

Suzanne V.

Christina said...

Good for you, Cheryl!!! I'm so proud of you. It's easy to get sucked into the blogging machine and make it all about "them" - but it's sooo much more fun when you relax and make it about YOU and the memories you want to keep.